Thursday, June 28, 2007
RE-View Talib Kweli "Eardrum"
Talib Kweli Eardrum is very good, My reaction the first time I heard this will be like most Kweli's fan when they hear this..Should be the follow up of Reflection Eternals first album..The production on hear is dope variety from Madlib, Just Blaze, Kanye West, DJ Khalil, Pete Rock, Nick Speed, Will-I-AM, Hi-Tek, Kwame and more..
Eardrum also features KRS-One, Jean Grae, Norah Jones, UGK, Raheem Devaughn, Musiq Soulchilde, and Dion.
Its good to hear the focus on this album just as dope as the Madlib and Kweli project Liberation..Here you have variety and Kweli's wordplay on this makes you head nod through the whole thing.So lets break it down!!!!! shall we..yes indeed..
1. "Everything Man"(produced by Madlib)
A perfect inrtoduction to this album, smooth with that Kweli feel to it, Madlib made this beat just right cause it fits Kweli
2. "NY Weather Report"(produced by Nick Speed)
NY Weather Report is dope the cuts at the end and the beat is on point..it has that move somthing feel to it, Kweli's
content on this is crazy one of my favs on this album..
3. "Hostile Gospel" (produced by Just Blaze)
This song is for everybody, Just Blaze blessed Kweli with this Gospel Hip-Hop track that thugs will jump and rejuvinate..
4. "Say Something" (featuring Jean Grae) (Produced by will.i.am)
Jean always comes with the rawness period. Say Somthing displays flavor Will-I -AM laced this one and yes once again
Kweli lays down the law on this one.
5. "Country Cousins" (featuring UGK and Raheem Devaughn) (produced by A Kid Called Roots & Sha-La Shakier)
This song pays homage to hip-hop in a sourthern mentality style and what a way to get UGK on this trackk and Raheem
Devaughn to sing the chorus..Everyone has Country Cousins so they can relate..laid back feel to this love the sample to
6. "Holy Moly" (produced by Pete Rock)
This track is dope with Pete Rock on the back ups you cant go wrong, I love this joint here..
7. "Eat To Live" (produced by Madlib)
This track is the truth and the production is the truth this song all together displays the message clearly
Kwelis flow to this track reminds me of early Reflection Eternal before Black Star...I love this joint too
8. "In The Mood" (featuring Kanye West and Roy Ayers) (Produced by Kanye West)
Kanye West production is always on point, I know hedz will feel this one and with Roy Ayers playing on the track
and scatting is really dope..A definate sure shot...
9. "Soon A New Day" (featuring Norah Jones) (Produced by Madlib)
Madlib is dope period the production fits the title with Norah Jones on the vocal the feeling hits the point..The dopeness
hasnt stop yet lol listen!!
10. "Electrify" (produced by Pete Rock)
This track is nice and Kweli's style on this is catchy..
11. "Hell" (produced by Terrace Martin & Battlecat)
I dunno who is on the vocals sounds like Badu..Kweli gets religious on here..
12. "More Or Less" (featuring Dion) (Produced by Hi-Tek)
Man you cant front on this Reflection Eternal to the fullest Hi-Teks track is dope, There is a vdeo to this and this
song is on point nuff said....
13. "The Perfect Beat" (featuring KRS-One) (produced by Swift D)
Kweli and KRS is a great combo..as far as production..can we remix this one???
14. "Hot Thing" (Produced by will.i.am)
I like this joint and I think its the next single. A real feel good track even the chorus is nice...
15. "Oh My Stars" (featuring Musiq Soulchild) (produced by DJ Khalil)
DJ Khalil laced Kweli on this head nodding smooth feel track..this joint is dope...
16. "Listen!!!" (Produced by Kwamé)
Ok...ummm I guess this ones not for me and I know there was another version I heard somewhere....
SO there it is..Talib Kweli Eardrum releases July 24th Cop it!!!
* * * * *
What can i say its a good album overall...
joey too fresh